Updated: July 30, 2017
Waves Beach Resort is a 70 room all inclusive resort located on the idyllic west coast of Barbados.
NOTE: The Waves resort was recently acquired by the Elegant Hotels chain, and is now the third all inclusive resort in Barbados that is part of Elegant Resorts joining Turtle Beach Resort and Crystal Cove Hotel. Elegant hotels took over management of the hotel in July 2016.
Below is a summation of hundreds of user reviews on Waves Beach Resort.
Waves Hotel Barbados Reviews: The positive
- The Staff are second to none. They are friendly, helpful, and always smiling.
- The Food is of a high quality, fresh, and, well prepared. The Chef is very passionate.
- The new Coffee Shop is a brilliant addition. The Coffee Shop offers snacks, cakes, ice cream, etc.,throughout the day, and makes a great latte.
- The Rooms are spacious, well appointed, and kept spotlessly clean. The Bathrooms are great.
- The new Spa is beautiful. The Spa treatments are very relaxing.
- The Water Sports and the Water Sports Team are fantastic.
- Pools are nice and inviting.
- The Beach is superb. The Beach Ambassador service is great.
- The Sun Loungers are new and very comfortable. There is no need to get up early to claim a Sun Lounger.
- Evening Entertainment is very good.
- The Bus Stop is close by. It is easy to get public transport and explore the island.
- The Water Taxi comes and goes all day to take guests to their sister resorts.
- New Fitness Center is very nice.
- The sunsets are spectacular.
- The Waves Resort has been refurbished to an extremely high standard. It has a real sense of style,and a real boutique feel.
Waves Hotel Barbados Reviews: The negative
- Some of the resort accommodations are not in the main building that is right on the ocean. Some of the rooms and the larger pool are actually across the street. There is no view of the ocean. You have to cross a busy street to get to the beach and most of the restaurants. The spa is also located across the street.
- The beach is nice, but a little on the small side.
- The resort is split between two areas directly across the street from each other. One is ocean facing and the other is not. The larger pool (see photos below) is across the street on the spa side. It is an adults only pool.
- A destination wedding or honeymoon can be planned at the Waves Beach Resort.
- Ray on the beach is legendary. He always makes sure you have a good time while on the beach. He also provides private taxi tours of the island. He is super nice and very informative of the island.
- There is a pretty terrace which overlooks the beautiful beach. The sunsets of spectacular!
- Waves is a smaller resort which makes it easier to relax and unwind by the ocean.