The SoCo Hotel, located in the heart of Barbados’ south coast, offers an all-inclusive holiday in a boutique environment.
It is located directly on the beach on Barbados’ South Coast, and offers 24-room art deco-style boutique style rooms.
The hotel offers two room categories—SoCo and Deluxe.
Each room features a crisp, all-white palette accented by turquoise throw pillows and bamboo furnishings as well as a flat-screen television, iPad docking station, DVD player, and tea/coffee machines.
The best rate you can get at the SoCo hotel is available at Expedia.com – Click here.
How does the SoCo Hotel define All Inclusive:
- Unlimited meals at our ocean front air-conditioned restaurant and pool deck areas. Meals available until 11pm
- Unlimited alcoholic beverages at the beach bar
- Recorded and live entertainment
Other options available for an additional fee:
- A selection of fine wines or enhanced menu requests such as lobster.
- Airport transfers
- Spa and beauty treatments,
- Golf lessons at various golf courses
- Tours and excursions
Common positive reviews of the SoCo hotel
- The Staff are second to none. They create a very welcoming atmosphere in the hotel. The staff go above and beyond to make a guest’s special occasion memorable, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
- The Food is delicious. The meals are served a la carte, are of an excellent quality, and cooked fresh. Menus are changed every 2 days. The chef is happy to prepare meals adhering to special dietary needs.
- The Rooms are spacious and clean with comfortable beds.
- Balconies are spacious with a breathtaking view of the ocean. There is lighting on the balcony for reading at night, if so inclined.
- There are plenty of sun beds and umbrellas by the pool and on the beach.
- The Lagoon area with coral is great for getting into the water and doing a little snorkeling.
- The Bar is top notch. Drinks are readily available and empty glasses are quickly filled. Cocktails are delicious.
- There is an amazing view from the bar as the sun goes down.
- The boardwalk is perfect for strolls.
- Great Location. To the right are beautiful long beach walks. To the left is the boardwalk to Rockley Beach, with a few restaurants and bars along the way. Just off the boardwalk and over the road are shops, chemist, etc.
- The Reggae bus stop is just outside the door of the hotel.
- The Hotel is small which makes meeting other guests easy.
- Wi Fi is good in the rooms.
Negative reviews of the SoCo hotel
- Certain food and drink items cost extra, lobster, steak, and certain wines.
- There is no nightly entertainment.
- The hotel is on the main road. You may hear traffic with horns early in the morning.
- There is no elevator. Anybody with mobility issues may find the hotel difficult to get around. The reception and entrance are on the first floor. There are steps to the beach. The bar and restaurants are on the ground floor.
- There is no exercise facility on the property. The hotel will provide connections to a nearby facility if so desired.
Other considerations at The SoCo Hotel
- Some guests report that this hotel could be restrictive to small children due to the lack of facilities available.
- Rooms 101 and 102 are ground level and look out over the bar.
- A wedding destination can be planned at the So Co Hotel. The wedding coordinator will make it her mission to make your wedding day absolutely perfect.
- Michelle, the activities director, is extremely knowledgeable of the island. If you want to book trips and activities, she has you covered.
- The SoCo Bajan rum tasting challenge conducted by Michelle on Wednesday mornings is quite the experience. Guests say plan on relaxing by the pool or on the beach in the afternoon.
- If you are looking for a nice peaceful place to relax, where you get extremely good personal service, then this may be the place for you.