Updated: October 1, 2016
Ideally located oceanfront on Barbados’s West Coast, The Club offers terrific rooms and suites, including Oceanfront Rooms and Suites, a luxurious Spa & Salon, freshwater swimming pools, All-Inclusive dining and drinks, water sports, entertainment, and the warm hospitality Barbados is famous for. The Club Barbados reviews are largely positive. It is a low key hotel with an excellent location.
Perfect for couples, honeymoons, friends, and family (16 years of age and older), The Club is your perfect Caribbean vacation getaway.
Below is a summation of hundreds of user reviews on The Club Barbados.
The Club Barbados Reviews: The Positive
- Efficient, friendly, and attentive staff.
- The food is very good with an excellent variety and is well presented. The chef will cater to special dietary needs.
- The rooms are spacious, clean, and the beds are very comfortable.
- The adult only resort is small and intimate which makes it easy to meet other guests.
- The location is excellent. If so inclined, pleasant walks can be taken in all directions.
- Guests recommend taking advantage of the spa and the amenities the spa has to offer..
- Pool areas have plenty of chairs and sun loungers.
- Guests enjoy sitting at the beach bar and watching the sunset in a calm and quiet atmosphere.
- A variety of water sports are offered with a water sports team that are very polite and helpful.
- When the bar closes at 11:00 P.M. the Piano bar is open until 2 A.M. with singing and karaoke.
- The gym is well equipped with new treadmills and weight machines.
- There is a lovely gift shop on site.
- The Reggae bus stop is right outside the hotel.
The Club Barbados Reviews: The Negative
- The beach area is small at low tide and can become non existent at high tide. You can see a clear picture of the beach area below.
- The guests will reserve beach sun beds before breakfast when the resort gets busier. This can be annoying when the sun beds are not used for several hours.
- Entertainment can be a bit low key, but, it is still well varied.
- Wi Fi can be inconsistent. You may have to sit in the bar or the reception area.
- Don’t expect to see the hotel full of really young couples. If it is a party hotel you want this hotel may be a bit low key for you.
- Breakfast and lunch are buffets providing everything that you could wish for. The evening dinner is served at your table at either The Sunset Restaurant, which is more relaxed, or Enid’s, being a bit more formal and serving local food. Both are said to be outstanding. Two evenings per week a buffet is served.
- Enid’s offers a demonstration Bajan cooking class for there guests. Some guests say it was the highlight of their trip.
- There are 3 nice size pools located in the garden area with lots of exotic flowers, trees and birds to see.
- Even though The Club Barbados beach is small there is a lovely beach on either side of the hotel that can be used by guests. Sandy Lane beach is to the left, (famous for the celebrities that stay there), and to the right, another totally unspoiled beach. Remember it could be tricky getting to either at high tide.
- There is a raised terrace with sand that provides a unique area to sit in the afternoon sun and watch the sunset, or, sun bathe all day long. To get to the water you will need to take the stairs down to the ocean.
- The Club Barbados is conveniently located for all the best golf courses on the island.
- It is a short walk to Holetown with it’s plethora of shopping, restaurants, gas station, etc., pretty much anything that you might require while on holiday. There is even a casino.
- The Club Barbados is a lovely, friendly, relaxed atmosphere with plenty to do and very good excursions run by the hotel.
- There are no elevators at The Club Barbados. Guests with limited mobility may want to request the ground floor.
- Reservations are always required for evening meals.
How Does The Club Barbados Define All Inclusive
- Three meals daily, British style afternoon tea, and beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic).
- There are two restaurants and four bars available to guests.
- Three freshwater swimming pools.
- Water Sports that includes: waterskiing, hobie cat sailing, snorkeling, reef fishing on site, wind surfing, kayaking and boat rides.
- Tennis Court
- In-ground Jacuzzi
- Fitness Center with cardio and strength equipment
- Live entertainment most evenings during and after dinner
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby and bar areas
Other Options Available For An Additional Fee
- Luxury spa and salon treatments.
- Room Service.
- Golf at various championship courses.
- Tours and Excursions.
Restaurants at The Club Barbados
Bars at The Club Barbados
The Club Barbados Photos
Room with a view
Beach view room