Updated: October 1, 2016
Sandals Barbados, an all-new retreat in the active St. Lawrence Gap area, offers luxury with inventive accommodations spanning three unique villages, world-class cuisine with international appeal, including a festive Indian cuisine restaurant, and innovative bar and pool designs. Sandals Barbados reviews are largely favorable and this resort ranks as the 8th best Sandals resort in the chain.
Below is a summation of hundreds of user reviews on Sandals Barbados.
Sandals Barbados Reviews: The Positive
- The Staff are friendly. Nothing is too much trouble. They are always making sure you are having a good time.
- The Food is delicious and makes for a culinary delight in each of the eleven restaurants. Butches and Kimono’s are extremely popular and the only restaurant requiring reservations.
- Café de Paris is excellent for coffee and tea, and, for those afternoon and evening sweet cravings.
- Merry Monkey is a fun place to have a late night drink, play pool, and listen to music.
- The Rooms are clean, spacious, and beautifully designed. The beds are comfortable. Rooms are equipped with UK and USA sockets.
- Pools are lovely. Something for everyone. The main pool has a swim up bar and is the more active pool.
- The drink servers around the pools and on the beach are always attentive and friendly, as well as bringing drinks wanted from the bar.
- Water sports are available with an attentive water sports team.
- Nightly shows are entertaining and fun. The staff encourages guests to join in on the activities, but, are not pushy.
- There is a Fire Pit at night surrounded by comfy chairs.
- The gym is new and well equipped.
- Wi Fi around the resort is pretty good and fast.
- The piano bar is great for late night entertainment.
Sandals Barbados Reviews: The Negative
- The ocean can be rough, very rough. Expect to see red flags up at some point during your stay. There is no swimming when red flags are up due to the choppy water.
- If the beach and calm water are most important to you it may be a bit disappointing.
- The beach area has lots of shade. This is actually a plus for some people. Scroll down to see a video that shows exactly how much shade there is on the beach.
- Water Sports may not be available everyday due to the ocean being rough.
- Sun beds can be a problem because guests will get up early to reserve the choice spots. The biggest problem seems to be around the main pool area. The staff will remove towels from the reserved beds if they are not occupied within a reasonable period of time.
- In the morning Birds can be a problem at the Bayside Restaurant. The other option is the Bombay Restaurant.
- There is a minor problem with the walk in showers getting the bathroom floor wet due to the design. You may need to put extra towels down on the outside of the shower.
- Sandals Barbados is expanding. There may be some noise in your room between 9am and 5pm depending where the room is located. If you are sensitive to this, inquire in advance about the location of your room. The construction is expected to continue throughout 2017. You can see a good picture of the construction HERE.
- Two of the restaurants are very popular and require reservations (Butch’s and Kimonos). If you really want to eat at one of these Restaurants, you should inquire about reservations WHEN YOU CHECK IN (or perhaps even call before you arrive).
- Sandals Barbados located within walking distance to St. Lawrence Gap, one of Barbados’ largest entertainment districts. If you like to get out and about this is a must.
- Sandals Barbados is much larger than the other all inclusive resorts in Barbados. The resort is very well laid out and tastefully decorated.
- The grounds are absolutely immaculate and the resort is pristine.
- There are small romantic seating areas around the property for couples to enjoy.
- Sandals Barbados is a great resort for planning a destination wedding or a honeymoon.
- Upon arrival you will be greeted with a lovely song by the staff, a cool towel and a glass of champagne. When on the bus back to the airport, you will hear one last sweet song.
- Although the beach area has lots of shade, there is still plenty of sun. The sun beds can be moved to suite your mood.
- Many guests agree that the Butler Suites are amazing and well worth the extra money. But, at Sandals Barbados everyone there is considered every staff members guest.
- Sandals Barbados will go out the their way to make your stay enjoyable. You can do as much as you want or as little. It really is that simple.
How does Sandals Barbados define all inclusive?
- Unlimited fine dining at 11 restaurants.
- Unlimited premium brand drinks.
- Unlimited Mondavi Wines.
- Butler service in select categories.
- Unlimited land and water sports.
- Unlimited Scuba Diving – Certified Divers: 2-1 Tank Dives per day, or, 1-2 Tank dives per day. Top of the line scuba diving equipment is included.
- Nightly Entertainment.
- Exclusive club Sandals and departure lounges.
- Free non-stop round trip airport transfers.
- Free Wi Fi in all rooms and public areas.
Other options available for an additional fee
- Red Lane Spa treatments.
- Local adventure tours.
If you read through hundreds of reviews on the beach at Sandals Barbados, you will get conflicting reports. Is it a good beach or a bad beach? Is the beach too shaded? Is the water too rough?
You can judge for yourself with the video below that we took of the beach on a recent visit to Sandals Barbados.
Here is a longer walkthough of the entire resort in August of 2016:
Another video that highlights the resort:
Restaurants at Sandals Barbados
Bars at Sandals Barbados
Scuba Diving at Sandals Barbados
- A medical questionnaire must be completely filled out and signed by a physician prior to the arrival at the resort.
- A certified liability release form will need to be filled out and turned into the dive shop.
- A mandatory medical questionnaire must be filled out and signed by a physician prior to arrival at the resort.
- 2-1 Tank Dives per day, or, 1-2 Tank Dives per day.
- Top of the line scuba diving equipment is included.
The SCUBA diving requires a 30 minute drive from the resort to Bridgetown (the capital).
Guest Photos of Sandals Resort: