Updated: October 1, 2016
Mango Bay is a small all inclusive resort situated in the heart of Holetown Barbados on the Barbados Gold Coast. Mango Bay is a small charming all inclusive resort.
Mango Bay offers 76 beautifully appointed guest rooms, all of which boast furnished balconies or patios.
Below is a summation of hundreds of user reviews on Mango Bay.
Most frequent positive reviews about Mango Bay
- The Staff work very hard to ensure that your stay is perfect. They always have a smile on their face and nothing is to much trouble.
- The Food is amazing with a great selection to choose from. The meals are served a la carte which makes it nice to be waited on at the table. There is a buffet 2 nights during the week which is equally delicious. The chef has no problem catering to specific dietary needs.
- Rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable.
- The Pool is a nice size and is close to the bar. There are plenty of sun beds available.
- The bar serves premium drinks, offering well known name brands. It stays open until midnight.
- The bar staff comes around several times a day to take drink orders. Cool towels are offered.
- The beach is lovely, relaxing and quiet, with plenty of sun beds. There are cushions on the sun beds which give it a nice touch.
- It is a 2 minute walk to Holetown where you will find a variety of shops, restaurants, bars, a bank, post office, and, a supermarket with a pharmacy inside it.
- The bus stop is also near by. Each trip is only $2 Bajan ($1 US).
- A large variety of water sports are available, including a catamaran, and, a glass bottom boat. Many quests have enjoyed swimming with the turtles.
- The beach is perfect for nice long walks.
Most frequent negative reviews about Mango Bay
- Room décor could do with some refurbishment. But, the rooms are clean and comfortable.
- Standard rooms can be a bit noisy in the evening, due to the street noise. It is suggested to upgrade if possible.
- TV channels are very limited and the reception is not very good.
- Wi Fi is hit or miss. You may have to go out of the room to get good reception.
- There is no Kids Club, which makes it not so kid friendly. Still, the kids are well looked after by the staff.
- The Fitness room is small with limited equipment.
- Upon arrival you are greeted with a cool towel and given drinks, then you are given an introductory tour of the hotel to help you get acquainted.
- Anniversaries, birthdays, etc. are made special by the staff.
- Mango Bay Barbados offers a wedding package, and, a wedding coordinator is available to make your wedding day truly memorable.
- Daily Afternoon tea is served.
- The Hotel is centrally located. It is within walking distance to some great shopping, restaurants, and, bars.
- Sunday night the locals have a street party. Tourists are welcome to join in on the fun!
- The Restaurant looks out over the beach, so you can enjoy the fabulous food and sunset.
- The jewel of the hotel is the staff. They make this hotel feel like a 5 star experience.
How Does Mango Bay Barbados Define All Inclusive
- Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Complimentary watersports that includes waterskiing, kayaking, hobiecat sailing, pedal boats, and snorkeling.
- Complimentary trip aboard a glass bottom boat that is offered on Fridays.
- Complimentary 2 hour trip along the West Coast that includes snorkeling and swimming with the turtles.
- Complimentary scuba diving lesson in the pool on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Gym that is equipped with a range of aerobic machines, free weights and a fitness ball which is open 24 hours daily.
- Live music offered in the restaurant nightly from 8:00PM-11:00PM.
- Complimentary wireless access is available in the public areas only.
Other Options Available For An Additional Fee
- Specialty Wines, Champagne and Bottled Water.
- Babysitting can be organized.
- The “Elements Spa” treatments.
- Scenic Boat Trips.
- Island Tours and Excursions.
- Golf at the various championship courses.
- Further instruction and certification can be arranged for scuba diving.
Restaurants at Mango Bay Barbados: